Thursday 12 May 2016

God’s ways

Hebrews 3:7-13
World English Bible (WEB)

Therefore, even as the Holy Spirit says,

“Today if you will hear his voice,
don’t harden your hearts, as in the rebellion,
    like as in the day of the trial in the wilderness,
where your fathers tested me by proving me,
    and saw my deeds for forty years.
10 Therefore I was displeased with that generation,
    and said, ‘They always err in their heart,
    but they didn’t know my ways;’
11 as I swore in my wrath,
    ‘They will not enter into my rest.’”

12 Beware, brothers, lest perhaps there be in any one of you an evil heart of unbelief, in falling away from the living God; 13 but exhort one another day by day, so long as it is called “today”; lest any one of you be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

“My Rest” is the Land

  • It doesn’t say “My Land” because people were walking towards Canaan
  • But for us the land is “My Rest”
  • Land flowing with milk and honey
  • Land with provisions already ready
  • From vineyards you didn’t plan
  • From wells you didn’t dig

It’s the land of Rest

  • Place where you come to rest
  • Even though you didn’t see physically.
  • We thank God because he is fighting our battle.
  • Rest is how you please God

Opposite of God’s wrath

  • My wrath –> My Rest

This is not God’ ways

  • Ways People went through in the wilderness are not God’s ways

What is an evil heart?

  • The heart of unbelief.
  • sin is singular refering to unbelief

Exalt one another daily

Fear to rest

Hebrews 3:17-4:1
World English Bible (WEB)

17 With whom was he displeased forty years? Wasn’t it with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the wilderness? 18 To whom did he swear that they wouldn’t enter into his rest, but to those who were disobedient? 19 We see that they were not able to enter in because of unbelief.

Let us fear therefore, lest perhaps anyone of you should seem to have come short of a promise of entering into his rest.

  • As per this verse, the world is going to hell because of the unbelief in Christ.
    • Not because doing this, doing that. ..etc.
  • This rest is not about heavenly rest
    • Because heaven doesn’t have this giants
    • and heaven doesn’t have this battle.
    • It’s a land of promise

How to enter rest?

  • Believe

Hebrews 4:1-5
World English Bible (WEB)

Let us fear therefore, lest perhaps anyone of you should seem to have come short of a promise of entering into his rest. For indeed we have had good news preached to us, even as they also did, but the word they heard didn’t profit them, because it wasn’t mixed with faith by those who heard. For we who have believed do enter into that rest, even as he has said, “As I swore in my wrath, they will not enter into my rest”;although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For he has said this somewhere about the seventh day, “God rested on the seventh day from all his works”; and in this place again, “They will not enter into my rest.”

Mix with faith

  • God says, “You are healed” because of Jesus
    • Believe
  • God says, “You will have more than enough”
    • Believe
  • God says, “You will be prosperous”
    • Believe
  • God says, “Everything will prosper”
    • Believe
  • God says, “Success”
    • Believe
  • Works were finished from the foundation of the world

Temporary Vs Eternal 

  • What we see is temporary
  • What we can’t see is eternal

Hard Vs Easy

Proverbs 13:15
World English Bible (WEB)

15 Good understanding wins favor;
    but the way of the unfaithful is hard.

Matthew 11:30
World English Bible (WEB)

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Hebrew : Lechem

Two words with more or less similar

לָ֫חֶם

  1. lechem ( bread, feed )
  2. lacham ( fight )

One dot different

  • lacham ( fight )

Why?

  • When you feed, you fight.
  • Feeding = Fighting
  • We eat God’s word and the enemy is defeated.

Feed before enemies

Psalm 23:1
World English Bible (WEB)

23 Yahweh(The Lord) is my shepherd:
    I shall lack nothing.

Psalm 23:5
World English Bible (WEB)

You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil.
    My cup runs over.

  • When the symptoms are there , Feed
  • When the problems are there, Feed
  • When the difficulty is there, Feed
  • When the addiction is there, Feed

Fight the good fight of faith

1 Timothy 6:12
World English Bible (WEB)

12 Fight the good(Beautiful, Handsome) fight of faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you confessed the good confession in the sight of many witnesses.

When you are in difficulty

  • Only fight is to stay in faith
  • Fight to remain in faith

The post God’s ways appeared first on Bible Revelation.



from http://ift.tt/1YogvCG

No comments:

Post a Comment