Friday 6 November 2015

Seeing God’s Face

Old Covenant People

Exodus 33:20-23
New King James Version (NKJV)

20 But He said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.” 21 And the Lord said, “Here is a place by Me, and you shall stand on the rock. 22 So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by. 23 Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back; but My face shall not be seen.”

  • Even Moses, through whom the Law was given, the pick of the crop couldn’t see God’s face

New Covenant People

  • God showed His back to Jesus on the cross, so that we all could see God’s Face
  • When Jesus received our sin’s, God saw Jesus as a great sinner

Matthew 27:46
New King James Version (NKJV)

46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” that is, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”[a]

Isaiah 53:4
New King James Version (NKJV)

Surely He has borne our griefs
And carried our sorrows;
Yet we esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten by God, and afflicted.

Footnotes:

  1. Matthew 27:46 Psalm 22:1

Psalm 22:1
New King James Version (NKJV)

22 My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?
Why are You so far from helping Me,
And from the words of My groaning?

The post Seeing God’s Face appeared first on Bible Revelation.



from http://ift.tt/1WCr3Bp

No comments:

Post a Comment